Is PrEP right for you?
PrEP is a medication that can prevent HIV when taken as prescribed. Is PrEP right for you? Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Do I have anal or vaginal sex without a condom?
- Do any of my partners have sex with other people without a condom?
- Have I or any of my partners had an STD in the past six months or so?
- Are any of my partners HIV-positive and not undetectable?
- Do I use drugs before or during sex?
- Do I or any of my partners share needles or works?
- Do I have sex for money, drugs, a place to stay, or anything else I need?
- Am I HIV-negative and want to stay that way?
Answer yes to any of these questions? Learn about the options for PrEP – and tips for talking to your doctor or healthcare provider about PrEP.